Sunday 10 April 2011

News, news, news and #fridayflash

So, like the title says: news! =)

First up, I'm pretty chuffed that my story Red Tank has been published over at 365tomorows.com. I've read 365T on and off since the first year when it was only the few of them. Since they opened up to submissions I've always wanted to send them something but never got round to it (that was about 4/5 years ago, I'm very organised).

I was going to use the story for Missing Pieces, but on a whim I thought I would send it off to 365T first, give it a go. I actually missed the acceptance email (my spam filter ate it) so it just turned up in my blog feed, which was awesome! *^_^*


Secondly... what should I submit for the Best of #FridayFlash vol. 2?

Help! What's been your favourite dive into the Xeroverse so far? And how could it be better? (we get to edit before we submit)

My personal favourites are:

Doors (101 words)
Murder between the Stars (science fiction)
People Pies (suspense/ crime)
Starling (magic realism)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to have a look at these. =)


And finally, the third thing, I've started a new blog...

Seriously?

I know, I know! It's not as if I don't already neglect enough of my blogs. But this one's something a little different, a photoblog. Adventures in Android is an exploration of phone camera photography, a side project.

I love photography, but I love writing more and that will always be the priority when it comes to time management. AiA is a little concession to a secondary passion, and one I can hopefully keep up without it cutting into my writing time too much. =)

8 comments:

  1. I was undecided until I got to the end of the last story, "Starling," and then I knew. "Starling" has to be the one. "People Pies" runs a close second though.

    I'll have to check out the photoblog when I get a chance. I know that getting good, or even artful, pictures out of a smellphone can be a challenge! I think the primary advantage is that you nearly always have it with you, so a shot of the moment can be caught if you have just a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Murder Between the Stars' gets my vote.
    The plot unfolds well, it's dark and draws the reader in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. =)

    Throwing a few friends' votes into the mix...

    Starling 1/2 & 1/2 (+1 above) = 2
    Murder between... 1 & 1/2 (+1 above) = 2 1/2
    Doors 1 & 1/2 & 1/2 = 2
    People Pies 1/2 = 1/2

    1/2 votes for indecisive people... ;)

    Which pretty much rules one story out and leaves things wide open for the other three! Needs more votes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, recount! Move that 1/2 on People Pies onto Starling. Making things even tighter...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll vote for People Pies. Of course, I shouldn't have looked at the current counts ;) I'm looking for it to come from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The voting's in disarray! It's chaos in the Xeroverse! It's the Magic Girl vs. the Megaship from Outer Space for first place, the Lonely Dreamer in close third but Gruesome Butcher Bramley has just made his first move! ;D

    Thanks, Aidan. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if you've submitted your story yet, John, but I would have to pick Starling first and Peoples Pie a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I was leaning towards Starling anyway, I was going to edit it this Sunday before submitting, and that's clinched it, Alan. Starling it is! =)

    ReplyDelete